Thumbnail Filmstrip of AQUATOP SP5-UV 126 GPH Internal Filter w/ 5W UV Sterilizer Images
The AQUATOP SP5-UV submersible UV sterilizing pump is a new and innovative method for eradicating and controlling free-floating micro-organisms as well as disease causing pathogens. Unlike typical UV sterilizing systems, the SP5-UV requires no special plumbing and is easy to use and maintain. Simply place the SP5-UV directly into your tank or sump system up to the waterline. The built in pump will draw water in, running it past the 5 watt UV bulb. The UV light will sterilize and clarify, producing crystal clear water.
How Does the SP5-UV Work?
The SP-UV filter uses a submersible top-mounted pump to draw water past its high output and compact UV Bulb. The UV Bulb is encapsulated in a unique quartz sleeve and the SP5UV includes a replaceable filter sponge to mechanically filter organic waste before water passes over the U.V. Bulb. The efficient design of the SPUV Elite Series filter allows for U.V. Sterilization to be submersed in both fresh and saltwater aquariums. With its flexibility, the SP-UV Elite Series can be placed anywhere in an aquarium, sump tank, or water garden. The design allows for easy installation and maintenance.
- Submersible Filter
- Built-in Pump
- Adjustable Flow Rate
- 5 Watt UV Light
- Eradicates and Controls Free-floating Micro-organisms and Pathogens
- Requires No Additional Plumbing
- Separate Power Cord for Pump and UV System
- Can be placed in Tank or Sump
- Includes Replaceable Filter Sponge
- Dimensions: 3"(L) x 2.5"(D) x 9"(H)
- Adjustable Flow Rate: 72-126 gals/Hr
- Suitable for Tanks up to 40 gallons
- Pump: 7W
- UV Sterilizer: 5W
- Volt/Freq: 110-120V/60Hz
- Suitable for Fresh and Salt Water Aquariums