Aquarists have been using sponge filters for decades and there's a reason these simple devices are so popular--they work! Aquatops Classic Aqua Flow Sponge Filters are extremely simple to install and very economical to operate. The largest in the CAF Series, the CAF-250 can be used as a stand-alone filter or as a secondary filter for systems up to 250 gallons. The specially developed foam materials of each CAF sponge filter supports the colonization of bacteria, allowing for mechanical and biological filtration. The process breaks down harmful ammonia and nitrite material resulting in a cleaner living environment for your fish.
The CAF-250 Series can also be used as a breeding filter or for extra biological filtration in heavily stocked aquariums or added to most external or top filters as a pre-filtration unit. Maintenance is as simple as the design and the CAF-250 even includes a free air stone!
• Foam supports colonization of healthy bacteria
• Easy to install in large or small systems
• Inexpensive and easy to maintain
• Install with an air pump or power head
• Fits most external or top filters
• Suitable for high flow rates without clogging
• Perfect as a breeding filter
• Reduces noise from the air pump
• Includes FREE air stone!
• Sponge Filter
• Up to 250 Gallons
• 35 Pores/Linear Inch
• Base Diameter: 3.50 inches
• Sponge Diameter: 8.50 inches
• Uplift Tube Height from Top of Filter: 6.00 inches
• Sponge Height, Base to Top: 7.75 inches
• Full height w/ Sponge and Uplift Tube: 13.75 inches
• Uplift I/D: 1.00 inches